Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Apple Grits Cake with Walnuts and Vanilla Pudding!


This recipe was shared with me by my sister in law, not sure what its origin is, but she got it from my country, Macedonia. Its one of the best desserts I have tried and its so simple and easy to make. It has great texture and its definitely not the typical cake. The texture comes from the grits and walnuts and it has the soft sweetness of the apples and the creaminess of the pudding! Such a delicious combination!!! Everyone in my family loves it! I hope you give it a try and I hope you love it as much as we do!

Ingredients for cake:
- 4 apples shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 cup fine grits
- 1 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp. flour

Ingredients for Pudding:

- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. imitation vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. cornstarch (I suggest adding an extra Tbsp. flour to make the pudding firmer)








No comments:

Post a Comment